ASK Development is hiring for the following position:
RISK GOVERNANCE SUPPORT CONSULTANTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN (UNDP Consultancy)
• Contract: 4 Months
• Job Type: Full-time Job
• Vacancies: 03
• Location: Karachi
Department: Social Sector
Last Date: 24 March-2023
The objectives of the assignment are:
- District based risk governance mechanisms in place with clear responsibilities defined at the local and community levels and institutionalization of resource availability to implement DRM plans.
- Availability of risk assessments of respective districts based on hazard data and vulnerability information including risk assessments for key sectors to be used as a reference for all concerned agencies.
- Adequate response plans; early warning systems, and sufficient capacities in place to mount a swift and effective response.
- Better understanding of underlying causes and build safety at grassroots level in order to empower communities for achieving selfreliance
- Enhanced technical capabilities of communities leading to local disaster action plan in order to reduce risk and manage disaster
- Regular testing of warning systems, training drills and rehearsals are held to test and develop disaster response measures
The key responsibilities of the Consultant include:
- Assist district authorities in setting up coordination bodies in DC offices comprising of members from district management authorities and community based organizations for disaster preparedness, response, relief and rehabilitation at district level.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of disaster risk management plans considering risks and vulnerabilities at district and local level, capacities available with public and private sector, and roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders to be performed in pre- and post-disaster phases.
- Organize and coordinate specialized training programs for different stakeholders including community trainings.
- Review and upgrade the mechanisms for early warning and dissemination of information to public.
- Undertake mock exercises and drills in the selected districts to test the effectiveness of coordination mechanisms, identify where improvements are necessary and further the development of adequate measures for effective risk governance.
- Liaise with the Lead Risk Governance Consultant for a more holistic DRM at the two-tiers of governance and ensure alignment with the overall provincial risk governance framework.
Qualifications and Skills:
The contractor should possess the following criteria:
- Masters degree in Social Science, Development Studies or another relevant field.
- Experience working with diverse communities and undertaking capacity building at grassroots level.
- 5 years’ experience working in public sector at district and community level in Sindh;
- 3 years’ experience working in the humanitarian sector on community resilience and disaster management assignments;
- Proficiency in Sindhi/local language is mandatory.
- Technical proposal detailing methodology on how the assignment will be undertaken
- Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Please Download TORs via Link: https://www.askdevelopment.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/District-Consultants-Risk-Governance-ToRs.pdf