ASK Development is hiring for the following position:
RISK GOVERNANCE LEAD CONSULTANT FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN (UNDP Consultancy)
• Contract: 4 Months
• Job Type: Full-time Job
• Vacancies: 01
• Location: Karachi
Department: Social Sector
Last Date: 24 March-2023
The objectives of the assignment are:
- A provincial risk governance mechanism in place with clear responsibilities defined at all administrative levels and availability of adequate resources to implement DRM plans at all administrative levels.
- Sectoral development plans include disaster risk management elements along with a long-term protection plan for critical infrastructure.
- A procedure in place to assess the disaster risk implications of major infrastructure and development project proposals.
- Availability of risk assessments based on hazard data and vulnerability information including risk assessments for key sectors.
- Systems in place to monitor, maintain and disseminate data on key hazards and vulnerabilities.
The key responsibilities of the Consultant include:
- Hold meetings with key stakeholders from PDMA, Planning Ministry, Planning and Development Department and Finance department to help understand the risk landscape and identify critical risk issues for which there are deficits in risk governance structures and processes.
- Liaise with selected sectoral and multi-sectoral line ministries/agencies for an overview of complementary sectoral responsibilities for disaster risk governance.
- Assist the Sindh Government in establishing a Central Committee comprising of representatives from key ministries and line departments for the governance of critical risks through effective cross-sectoral co-operation and co-ordination between multiple stakeholders.
- Hold regular meetings with the Committee to address structural bottlenecks that impede prompt decision making and identify and resolve areas of inter-ministerial dependency and coordination.
- Provide technical assistance to the Committee in:
- Formulating risk management policies,
- Defining disaster management coordination structures at provincial, district and local levels with clear allocation of roles and responsibilities of various structures as well as performance targets and accountability channels,
- Integrating mitigation and prevention measures in interventions for disaster risk reduction,
- Achieving adequate preparedness to cope with an anticipated disaster, before it sets in,
- Monitoring and evaluation of all post-disaster relief and recovery, reconstruction and rehabilitation efforts in the province for assessing the quality and impact of response efforts,
- Establishing chain of command between different levels of government,
- Providing mechanism for the participation of local communities,
- Promoting policy coherence across sectors and monitor policy implementation.
Qualifications and Skills:
The contractor should possess the following criteria:
- Masters degree in Public Policy, Governance, Economics or another relevant field.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams in provincial level projects to deliver in high stress, short deadline situations
- 7 years’ experience managing implementation of policies and mechanisms in government departements in Sindh;
- Experience in conducting and facilitating similar assignments entailing disaster risk management, risk assessments and strategic planning processes, drafting policy, data compilation, results analysis and report writing.
- 3 years’ experience working with international donor/ development partners;
- Technical proposal detailing methodology on how the assignment will be undertaken
- Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Please Download TORs via Link: https://www.askdevelopment.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Provincial-Consultant-Risk-Governance-ToRs.pdf